Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lessons Learned

I have learned a lot about becoming a journalist through the classes I have taken at the University of Northern Colorado. However, I think I have learned more from the teachers I have encountered.
These teachers pushed me to become a better, more critical writer. They helped me understand that my work can always be better. This was one part of writing I thought I was immune to. However, after getting several of my works edited, I have come to realize that every piece of work can be improved.
            I have covered stories, learned the history and ethics of journalism. Some of the high points, as a journalism student, include being given the opportunity to write for the school newspaper, The Mirror.
I have a better understanding of the operations of a newsroom, which will help with my transition into a journalistic job. Also, I am going to be interning for The Johnstown Breeze over summer. This will help me gain even more knowledge.
            The journalism department needs to work on making classes more available. I have had a few problems getting into classes I needed. Also, there is not much flexibility with the class times. Yet, overall I believe I am well equipped to enter the journalism field.

No comments:

Post a Comment