Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Beginning of Something New

I have created this blog to learn more about new media for journalists. I also want to be able to track my growth as a writer throughout my time in Advanced News and Feature Writing.

I have already talked with several police officers at the Greeley Police Department. I have learned that a lot of robberies have been occurring over the past several weeks. In fact, Hastings, a local store, was robbed on Sunday.

I am nervous to cover this beat because it is often hard to get adequate and accurate information. As a journalist, I need to be more persistent. I hope to improve on my persistence. I know I am a talented writer. However, I need to do better reporting.

 Also, I have never blogged before and I am nervous that I may have trouble learning this new style of communication. However, I hope I will learn how to become a better journalist and gain confidence in my reporting abilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment